Throughout November, we’ll be publishing podcast interviews with small business experts on how business owners can make the most of Small Business Saturday!
- Nov. 20: Carol Roth shares how to inspire word-of-mouth marketing
- Nov. 23: Shashi Bellamkonda advise how to create the best customer experience
- Nov. 25: Barry Moltz describes how to attract customers and keep them engaged
- Nov. 26: Rieva Lesonsky gives tips to boost holiday sales in-store and online
- Nov. 27: Mari Smith breaks down Facebook marketing into simple steps
Welcome to our newest blog series, created to support Small Business Saturday, a day to shop local and champion our neighborhood business communities. We’re once again standing with American Express to support small business through their Small Business Saturday initiative, which will occur on Nov. 30th, 2013, the first Saturday after Thanksgiving. Small businesses are integral to our national economy, and the local economies they operate within. We at Dun & Bradstreet are proud to join American Express to support small businesses throughout our nation.
For our part, we’ll be bringing advice from prominent small business experts on opportunities to increase revenue for your small business on Small Business Saturday, and throughout the holiday season. Our chosen experts include Carol Roth, Shashi Bellamkonda, Barry Moltz, Rieva Lesonsky, and Mari Smith. Each gave five tips on how retail businesses can make the most of the holidays, both by attracting more consumers, and increasing purchases while they’re there.
Small Business Saturday’s Past
In November of 2011 we posted marketing tips and advice for local business owners from top small business and social media experts. Our dynamic and diverse panel included Anita Campbell, Mari Smith, Jim Kukral, Ramon Ray, Derek Halpern, and many other experts. Topics discussed ranged from recommended online tools for local retailers or business owners to the best use-case for using a social check-in tool like Foursquare. Our goal was to offer small business owners helpful and informative ideas to make Small Business Saturday (as well as any other day) a money-maker!
Below you can find the 2011 Small Business Saturday interviews. Great advice despite being two years old!
- Nov 1: Jim Kukral talks about the importance of supporting small businesses
- Nov 2: Anita Campbell details what it takes to build a credible small business website
- Nov 7: Jason Falls talks small business content
- Nov 8: Lisa Barone provides tips for promoting your business online
- Nov 9: Christine Perkett talks about how to build a relationship with your customers
- Nov 10: C.C. Chapman tells you how to establish footprints on all the major social networks
- Nov 11: Pamela Slim explains how to improve your website performance
- Nov 14: Ramon Ray tells you why you need to shine and iron your website
- Nov 15: Mari Smith explains the importance of being visible online
- Nov 16: Dave Fleet explains how to hone your listening skills
- Nov 17: Ann Handley outlines creating credible content
- Nov 18: Kristi Hines discusses creating local value online
- Nov 21: Derek Halpern discusses the social media tools for your biz website
- Nov 22: Aaron Strout explains how to get the most of location-based marketing